Im in KL now, taking a nice long day break from this work trip. Its times like this when I get to sit down nice and quiet with a laptop to write and a good book that takes me out of this room, out to where I would imagine that its set. Its perfect especially when you don’t get a comfy chair back at home and with so little time. ‘By the River Piedra, I sat down and weep’ is a good book. Its good when you’re only on the first page and you find that you agree with every sentence it says. Its like finding a soulmate for a good few hours to be spent with!
Basically, I think you can evaluate my life with the number of times I sit down and write like this. The busier I am, the more neglected this space will be and this space being filled is vital because this place is close to 5 years old. That’s 5 years of taking down my thoughts and keeping them in print and alive. Especially with my kind of a short term memory, I tend to be amazed at how my chain of thoughts has changed over time.
Being where I am now, once again, I thank God for today. Life has moved so fast this year, I’ve been to places, met many people in the sports fraternity and at this paralympic meeting, a total of 15 delegates from the asian countries are here. Im the youngest that’s easy to know with all the rest of the delegates being men in their mid and late years. I guess its alright to be with them, except that they are men talking serious talk and I’ve got so much to learn. Of course, saving grace will be the young BOCOG team and a guy from the Taiwan team, we’re all in our 20s and we talk the same talk. After work, its drinks, jokes and little games in the heart of the KL capital. Mandarin has never came so in handy, Beijing hosting this year’s games is a great advantage to us Singaporeans. They love it when you can speak Mandarin. And the Malaysians who are hosting this meet, get baffled when the Taiwan Chinese, China Chinese and Singapore Chinese sit together and then introduce ourselves. Well im glad that I have people to meet up with at night when we’re all staying in the Beijing Paralympic Village later this September.
Meetings has gone on smoothly without me ripping my hair off. So for today, I will kick back and relax, go shopping, meet my cousin for dinner and meet for drinks with the team at night.